Woe is me!

Well, I thought I was doing really well. I took my temperature every day  and I was fine, despite having a cough and feeling really tired. 
After a few days I woke up feeling a hundred per cent better. So what happens when I take my temperature? It was 37.4. 
Oh.
I waited ninety minutes and took it again. 37.6. I phoned my nurse friend just to let her know I was phoning the hospital. She agreed, as I could be neutropenia. 
To be sure, I took my temperature again and it was 38!!!!  
I phoned the hospital and was told to come in. 

I went to the day ward, where all my immunotherapy treatments will, be so at least it was like a recce!

The only problem was that the whole IT system went down, so I ended up staying there all day. I had bloods done and swabs taken. All eventually came back clear. I was checked out by the doctor, who found a bit of a crackle at the bottom of my lungs, so he gave me some antibiotics and sent me home. 

I have to say I was shattered, doing nothing all day so much spent the next day quietly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The transfusion

More bites!

After effects